Шығыс Қазақстан облысы. Аягөз ауданы. К.Бозтаев атындағы жалпы білім беру мектебі, Ағылшын тілі пән мұғалімі Сахариева Дария Балшатқызы
Teacher: Sakharieva Dariya Balshatovna
The theme of the lesson: How much juice? How many apples?
The aims of the lesson:
1. Educational: To present the questions “How much?” , “How many?” and pronouns a few, a little , a lot of , to teach pupils to distinguish difference of them, to practice using of “There is/are” construction with countable and uncountable nouns using words connected with food and drink
2. Developing: To develop pupils` speaking, reading, writing, logical thinking, listening and remembering habits
3. Up-brining: To bring pupils up to be economy in everyday life
The type of the lesson: mixed
Methods of teaching: demonstration, explanation, exercises
Inter subject connection: biology, maths, Kazakh
The equipment of the lesson: an active board, cards, asterisks
Grammar: countable and uncountable nouns
Vocabulary: words connected with food and drinks
The course of lesson
I. Organization moment.
– Good afternoon boys and girls! How are you?
– Good afternoon teacher. We are fine. And you?
– I`m fine too. Thank you. I`m glad to see you at our lesson.
Talk with duty. Asking absent pupils.
II. Phonetic drill.
Now children let’s begin our lesson
– Today we are going to speak about “Food”
– The 1st task of our lesson is phonetic drill.
Listen to this rhyme very attentively and repeat it in chorus.
“ This egg is bad”
Says my dad.
Says my mother”
A plate of meat
For brother Pete.
After that pupils repeat it individually.
III. Checking up the home task.
-Please, duty stand up. What was your home work for today?
-Exercise 3 at page 17 from Workbook.To make up questions about food and drink in the fridge. To learn new words.
At first pupils read sentences putting “some” or “any”.(ex 3p. 17)
I give you asterisks for your right answers.
a) Game “Yes/No Ping- pong” (group work)
The class is divided into two groups: A and B. Each pupil in both groups ask questions which answers should include “There is/are” construction and pronouns “some” or “any”.
– Is there any meat in your fridge?
– Yes, there is some.
– Are there any bananas in your fridge?
– No, there aren`t. etc.
b) Work with pictures.
I want to check up how do you learn new words. There are shown pictures on the slide (countable/uncountable nouns( food and drink).You name them and define countable/uncountable nouns.
Grapes- countable, milk- uncountable, biscuits- countable, sugar- uncountable.
IV. Presentation. Explanation of new grammar material.
At our last lesson you introduced with pronouns some and any. We said that some is used in positive, sometimes in question sentences. Any is used in negative and question sentences. Today we introduce with much/ many, a few/
a little, a lot of.
Much is used with uncountable nouns in questions and negatives.
I haven`t got much sugar.
How much cheese is there in the fridge?
Many is used with countable nouns in questions and negatives.
There aren`t many eggs in the fridge.
How many apples have you got?
A few is used with countable nouns.
There are a few apples on the table.
A little is used with uncountable nouns.
There`s a little millk in the bottle.
A lot of is used with both countable and uncountable nouns.
There is a lot of butter.
There are a lot of apples in the bowl.
During the explanation I use pictures and schemes on slides.
a) Put the necessary word into the gaps.
Pupils put pronouns much/ many, a few/a little, a lot of into the gaps in given sentences.
He has got _______ water in the glass.